Friday, November 22, 2013

My Windows 8 experience

Its been a while and I'm back. I just got a new PC and it runs on windows 8!!! *coughs* Windows 8.1 I mean. 
At the beginning, it looked complicated because of the new features mainly the Start menu and the App Browser. It was  quite discouraging and I had lots of people advising me to Uninstall immediately and revert to Windows 7. 

Personally I think you cant run away from the future forever, especially when it comes to technology. You have toUpgrade Some day. 
Another feature of  Windows 8 is the emphasis placed on Cloud Computing and virtualization. Skydrive at your fingertips which means Easy access to documents and goodbye to bulky and mini storage devices.

I thought to myself and I went Hey!! I'm SuperEma I can do anything and Yeah! Ithink. I have mastered Windows 8 and her Upgrade Windows 8.1. So many new features and once you get the hang of it its quite easy. 

I learnt how to access the BIOS today. I had a problem installing Ubuntu on virtual box and I discovered one of the main problems was because Virtualization is disabled by default on Windows.
The steps I took are listed below.
Basically I'm just showing you how to gain access to The System BIOS on Windows 8

  • Click on the Start Icon



  • Swipe to the left and click on settings
  • Click on Change PC Settings
  • Click on Recovery settings and Select Restart Now Underneath The Advanced Start Up Options Pane 
  • The System automatically Restarts to BIOS mode 
  • For the nerds and geeks all you need to do is go the command Line CMD and simply type shutdown.exe /r /o
  • I'm sure nerds and geeks wont be checking out this blog though. lol
Windows 8 is a little bit complex if you are not adventurous but I think it is faster and exciting because I'm all about trying new technology

Have fun and Try Windows 8
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment